Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Past few bits...

So on Sunday we went to an active volcano, which was a pretty cool experience. It wasn't super active the day we went, but three days before there was a huge overflow of lava, so there were molten rocks all over. We hiked for a bit, and had to take a ton of breaks because some of the people in the group were so out of shape. It was kind of annoying, but we finally got to where we could see the volcano. I got some good pictures, but we didn't see any lava rivers or anything cool like that, just lava inside of cracks and such. We may go again at another time, and hopefully the volcano will be more active if we do.
Other than that, I don't have a whole lot to update about. We've been working at the office the past few days, unpacking, reorganizing, making new lists, and packing up for the two clinics we will be going to soon. Both of the groups that were here are now gone, the second one left this morning. Another group comes in tomorrow night to replace them, and we will have a few more days to prepare things in the office. Tito has been a little stressed with having so many people to take care of, and he's been working a bunch also, but hopefully having a smaller group will help to reduce the stress.
So apparently in Guatemala, and other neighboring countries, there is a month of the year when everyone gets extra pay, I can't remember what it's called at the moment, but this month is the month. Anyway, because there is more money being distributed, there have been more incidents of robbery and such. Nothing too serious, but prayer for safety is always appreciated.
I also haven't been sleeping well at all the past few nights, and I'm definitely feeling it.... I miss you all and it was so good to talk with you over the past few days! I will try again to call later this week if I get a chance (I have to borrow either a computer or phone), but if I don't, I love you and I will talk with you as soon as I can!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, it's so annoying when people are out of shape. What's wrong with them? [Cough]

    Thanks for another update. We'll pray that you sleep better, and we'll try to keep Skype on more often, just in case. And thanks, I love you too, Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow lava sounds cool! We'll pray that you get some good rest. Thanks for keeping us updated. We enjoy hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete